Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Hobbies Upon Hobbies: Drawing Part 1

Christmas break gives me time to sit back and relax. And search blog after blog. Instagram post after Instagram post. Etsy shop after Etsy shop. Pinterest board af… What then happens is I come up with a list of 27 {million} things I should do. "100 sit ups, 75 crunches, and drink 60 oz of water every day for a slimmer figure, coupled with a lime juice/honey cleanse!" Pinterest makes dieting look so easy. Mainly I have had an itching to draw/paint lately. Have you seen the beautiful watercolor prints people sell on Etsy?? I'm swooning over here. And now I wish I was artistic. I am a good mimicker, but when it comes to drawing up a little sketch I have 0 spacial reasoning (3 inch left margin, 1 inch right margin, large nose, & disproportionate arms on tee tiny body, etc). But alas at 2 am this morn' Trevor was fast asleep on the phone and I sat up from bed, went into my old closet and dug out a sketch pad and "learn to draw" book I got for Christmas circa 2006 (Thanks Grandma!!) I love love love all of the whimsical art with laurels, wreaths, and loose cursive. So I drew this up:

draw it NOW (how can you resist with a title like that?)

"For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also"
much needed eraser marks=highly visible.

in color


 I could use some work, but my semi-circles are pretty round, thanks to my 5th grade teacher who taught me this trick--just lock your elbow in a 90 degree angle and freeze it as you guide the writing utensil. It works about 87% of the time. Try it!

See what I mean about the spatial reasoning? (not sure if that's the correct term). I have a squished up "is there will" and a space hog "Treasure", but that word deserves the space… after all "Treasure" is Trevor's nickname. This was one of my favorite scrips before I met him too. Sooo, my heart and Treasure are both in the same place….Provo, UT, Get it? ;) {insert heart-eyed emoji here!}

Also found this true fortune while scarfing down my Chinese food tonight, after a 75 minute wait. 
I drew. I enjoyed it. I'm happy.  


No comments :

Post a Comment

© Allie Miller and alsaidndone, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.