Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fall for it.

As I was repainting my chipped nails this morning I set the bottle of polish down on the counter next to a barette that just so happened to be of the same color. A few moments later I turned around to face my closet and saw a pair of my worn cords lying on the ground that were also the same color. I looked up. A dress in the same shade. Much to my surprise I found an eyeshadow and a knob that just so happened to match the gang. So what's the color? I call it a "sunwashed brick", but others may say its a muted coral. Essie calls it "mamba". Call it what you want, but I think I've found a new favorite fall hue without even knowing it. Since September seems to be that awkward transition month into autumn (where you realize you need to start changing your color palette, but don't want to trade all the bold summer shades for neutrals) this pinky brown color is just the right thing.
My favorite (transitional) fall things.

Essie "Mamba" Polish $7.99 at HEB.

Barette $3.95 at H&M

Knob originally $14 at Anthropologie, on clearance for $3.95

Dress from Gap. I bought it when it was an "additional 40% off clearance items". I think the grand total was $12

Cropped cords from Banana Republic. These were also an additional 40% clearance at the time. I ended up paying $11 for them.
"Paradisco" eyeshadow by MAC cosmetics. $13.50

1 comment :

  1. update your blog more please and thank you. start doing what I'm wearing posts!!

    ReplyDelete

© Allie Miller and alsaidndone, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.